Nomination Forms were completed and an AGM was held on 11 March 2014. The previous Committee of 5 has become 10. A new member takes over the role of Treasurer, and we now have a Vice-Chairman. How has all this come about? By placing heavy reliance upon “virtual” meetings rather than “physical” ones. Easy, really – and very workable for most of what we need a committee for.
We’ve long recognised the value of publicity. We publish a newsletter. We contribute to Alison’s excellent Corsham & Box Matters. We’ve added the Corsham Churches magazine, Spring Spirit, to the list, making our first entry in the March edition.
We now have 3 separate wall displays in the Pictor Room. Do drop by and see what’s there. One shows John Fowler & his Steam Plough. Another comprises photographs taken by Mike Pope when his Hatt Farm was used for the filming of Lark Rise to Candleford. A third shows Corsham Town Centre in the 1960s. Local builder Martin Joyce has loaned us its photos. Martingate Centre had not yet been built and the soon-to-be-demolished Corsham Library was under construction!
Other matters for your attention:
- CAH is assisting with Corsham’s 1st Walking Festival
- We’ve started work on our “Corsham Places and People website”
- We’re investigating what facilities Springfield Campus will offer
- Please keep your donations of old documents rolling in, and
- Likewise your membership renewals - numerical strength matters.